* 6.5 PRC 143 GRAIN ELD-X PRECISION HUNTER
The name says it all! The 6.5 Precision Rifle Cartridge was designed to achieve the highest levels of accuracy, flat trajectory and extended range performance in a sensibly designed compact package.
Utilizing moderate powder charges that result in repeatable accuracy, low recoil and reasonable barrel life, the 6.5 PRC produces high velocities with performance well beyond 1000 yards.
Rifle makers currently chambering the 6.5 PRC include: Axial Precision Rifles, Browning, Bergara, Ruger, Cadex Defence, Christensen Arms, FIERCE Firearms, GA Precision, Gunwerks, Hill Country Rifles, Horizon Firearms, Howa, Krieger Barrels, Mauser, McRee Precision, Montana Rifles, Mossberg, Patriot Valley Arms, PROOF Research, Ruger, Sako, Sauer, Savage Firearms, Sauer, Stuteville Precision, Seekins Precision and Trident Armory. Check back often as additional gun manufacturers confirm chambering the 6.5 PRC.
Featuring the radically superior ELD-X bullet with Heat Shield tip, Precision Hunter is the ideal load for ANY hunting situation because of its effective terminal performance at ALL practical ranges.
Featuring ELD-X Bullets with Heat Shield tip
- Efficient Design - Dubbed the big brother to the 6.5 Creedmoor, the 6.5 PRC fits in short or medium actions with a standard magnum bolt face (.532”). It’s efficient case geometry features a long cartridge case neck and 30 degree cartridge case shoulder.
- Best in Class BCS - Verified by Doppler radar, the Heat Shield® tip defies the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to maintain the highest-in-class BC over its entire trajectory.
- Match Accurate Hunting Bullet - Streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design + highly concentric AMP bullet jackets + Heat Shield tip combine for radically superior aerodynamic efficiency.
- Devastating Conventional Range Performance - With high velocity, 0-400 yard impact, the bullet continually expands throughout its penetration path. The thick shank of the jacket and high InterLock® ring keep the core and jacket together providing 50-60% weight retention.
- Best Extended Range Terminal Performance Available - Upon low velocity, 400+ yard impacts, the Heat Shield® tip drives backward into the bullet to initiate expansion. Exhibiting controlled expansion with a large mushroom and 85-90% retained weight, the bullet provides deep penetration and large cavities. Available as component bullets or in factory loaded Precision Hunter™ ammunition.
- Caliber: 6.5 PRC
- Bullet: ELD-X with Heat Shield Tip
- Grain weight: 143 Grains
- Muzzle velocity: 2960 FPS
- Muzzle Energy: 2782 ft lbs
- Sectional Density: .293
- Ballistic Coefficient: .625 (G1) .315 (G7)
Determined at checkout.